How Juicing healed my child’s Eczema
If you are looking for natural alternatives to heal your child’s eczema, juicing could help you!
We tried different steroid creams, moisturizers and lotions. Nothing worked to help clear our toddler’s eczema permanently. It was a tough time for our family. I was feeling down and blaming myself for not able to help my child.
Eczema has different triggers and each child could have different triggers or combination of them. It could be the dust, weather, water, body soap, laundry detergent, pillow and bedding and so on. We started sun drying all our clothes to kill ‘all bacteria’. We also tried ironing all her clothes inside out for the same reason!
Food was also a major area of concern that needed to be investigated. I removed all ‘potential’ food that (I think) could worsen her eczema. Her diet was gluten free, meat free and dairy free. White rice is gluten free so steamed rice and porridge are constant in her menu.
On one fateful night, we met someone whose opinion we highly valued for. He suggested that we try juicing using Gerson Therapy method. We were skeptical but we gave it a chance.
Oh boy! I am overjoyed that we did. After only a month, my 1 year old girl’s eczema was 80% healed.
Everyday for 30 days, I gave her a small cup (2-3 oz) of organic cold pressed carrot juice.
- 3-4 medium sized organic orange carrots (you may adjust the portion accordingly as long as you make about 2-3 oz of carrot juice)
- 1 small slice of organic green apple (this is to make the juice sweeter, you can start with bigger portion in the beginning for child to adjust to the taste)
- Wash and peel the ingredients.
- Use a cold press juicer. We use Hurom at home. Any brand would do so long as it is a cold press machine.
How to Use: The juice is best consume immediately after juicing.
After almost 2 months of carrot juicing, the eczema on both of her feet aren’t healing as fast as the rest of her body. We tried green juicing to apply topically.
After another 4 weeks, it was completely healed.
Here is the recipe:
- Dark green lettuces (red and green leaf lettuces, romaines, endives – Half a head depending on size
- Escarole – 2 to 3 leaves
- Red cabbage – 2 to 3 leaves
- Beet tops (young inner leaves) – 2 to 3 leaves
- Watercress – 5 to 6 stalks
- Green bell pepper – 1/4
Ideally use organic ingredients but it maybe hard to find all organic produce in your area. Use what is available (at least 4 out of 6 ingredients above).
- Wash your greens properly. Use salad spinner if you must to remove excess moisture.
- Cut and chop greens for easier juicing
- Use a cold press juicer.
- Stir the juice gently to mix the juices from different greens.
- Store the green juice into small batches in air tight containers.
- Put unused ones in refrigerator and they will be good for 1 day.
- Make new batch for next day. Throw away unused solution from previous day.
- Make sure to wash your juicer after each use.
How to Use: Apply the green juice solution topically on affected area. Use liberally.
I hope juicing can help heal your child’s eczema. Looking for more ways to heal your eczema naturally?